Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Easter!

For Easter we had our gender reveal. After scouring through the Bump, Pinterest and other sites for fun ways to tell our family we finally decided to stick with the Easter theme, after all it is Easter. Easter holds a special place in my heart, not only because of fun childhood memories of coloring eggs, wonderfully delicious meals and fun times with family; but because this is now the holiday that I will remember as the day my Husband proposed to me. That's right, he placed my ring in my Easter basket and very silly suggested we open our baskets one at a time, so we could make sure to get
good photos. I must admit I was very surprised when I opened that egg, I knew he was going to propose but I did not know when. It was one of the happiest moments in my life. So that being said Easter is a very special day for us.
This year we had a very special announcement to make, to announce the gender of our little one. Since telling our family we were expecting there have been guesses as to if we are having a boy or girl. I felt I knew, I didn't need a test to tell me but in the chance that I am wrong it would put everyone (my husband) at ease. We knew we had a fifty fifty chance that one of would be right each convinced we were correct. Well that debate was put to rest last Friday when my husband and I went to the doctor and were told just what we should be expecting. Once I found out came the
question of how to tell the family. We decided to wait until Easter in order to tell most of our family at one time. Using different colored plastic eggs I filled each with paper grass then the little blue Peep. I stamped then cut out the 'sweet baby' banners, then cut out the blue polka dot banner and wrote the due date. I glued both banners on a tooth pick, poked the stick into the Peep and closed the egg.  I placed all the little eggs into a basket and handed them out on Easter. Well if your wondering I was right,  I believed we were having a boy and it was confirmed. Both my husband and I are happy to be on this new journey and look forward to it with excitement and can't help but wonder what our little guy is going to be like. I hope if any of you out there got to do a gender reveal on Easter you were able to have a little fun with it, I know we did. If you did do a gender reveal I wold be curious to know how you did it and if everyone was surprised. Happy Crafting. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa,

    Congrats again! Im your Tia Vikki's crazy coworker! Im excited to see your blog up and running. Cant wait to see more.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, thank you for viewing my blog. I will post as often as I can, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete